We want you to be aware of your rights and responsibilities as a client of the Samaritan Counseling Centers of the Mid South. We have outlined these below and invite you to ask your counselor if you have any questions. Please help us provide you the best care possible.
Clients have the right to receive services
- With respect for cultural and ethnic identity, religion, disability, gender, age, marital status and sexual preference
- In a physical environment that is safe, sanitary, conducive to effective treatment and which appropriately safeguards the privacy and confidentiality of client/provider interaction
- From providers who are qualified, competent, focused on each individual’s care and are reasonably accessible to the client.
- Free of unprofessional involvement with providers or staff.
- That emphasize client participation in developing a treatment plan that is specific to his or her needs, and includes the client’s agreement to work toward defined goals.
Clients have the right to certain information
- Diagnosis, recommended treatment, benefits and costs in terms that the client can reasonably understand.
- Names and credentials of providers involved in the client’s care.
- Practices that relate to client care and treatment services.
- Client’s responsibilities to ensure better treatment outcomes.
- Records pertaining to the client’s care, having the information explained or interpreted as necessary, except when protected or restricted by law.
- Resources available through Samaritan Counseling Center for communicating concerns or questions and for resolving disputes, conflicts or grievances.
Clients have the right to protection of privacy and confidentiality
- In case of discussions, consultations, examinations and treatment services.
- In communications and records pertaining to care, except cases such as suspected abuse and danger to self or others, when reporting is permitted or required by law.
- In cases where clinical information is important to share to assure medical appropriateness, such as to a referring primary care physician, a signed release will be obtained from the client.
Your relationship to your therapist and to the center is a personal and private matter. The confidentiality of the information will be emphasized when any information is released. Clients with concerns about treatment may call the clinical director.
Please give at least 24 hour notice if you cannot attend your session. You will be charged for a missed appointment without a 24 hours advance notice. Naturally, unforeseen emergency situations will be taken into account.
Fee Schedule Payment Policy
Payment is expected at the time services are rendered. No sessions can be scheduled beyond the third visit without payment unless special arrangements are made. Your financial situation does not preclude access to services. For additional details see our Fees for Services. Samaritan Counseling Centers is a not-for-profit agency that receives funding from many different sources, including insurance, client out-of-pocket expense, supporting congregations, and fundraisers.